Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Gatlinburg in September

I'm VERY excited that I will get to attend the ARSL (Association for Rural & Small Libraries) Conference in September. I attended this conference last year, and it was one of the best! Every session I attended was worthwhile, and that's not always the cases at conferences. We serve a lot of "rural and small" libraries in our system, but I found every session could be applicable to any library.

Not only is it a great conference, but it will be held in Gatlinburg, TN, among the Great Smoky Mountains. It looks like an absolutely beautiful city, and our hotel is nestled right in the mountains! My library friend, Jen, will also be traveling and rooming with me, so I'm happy about that as well. Last year I went by myself, and although I was fine, it will be nice to have some company. I think she will enjoy the conference, too, and will get as much out of it as I did.

Of course, there is a winery about 1.5 miles from the hotel, so I will have to make some time for that, too. :)

No comments: