Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Church

On Sunday I decided to go to the "Spanish" mass at St. Willy's downtown. They do some masses in Spanish, and one is blended. Whoa!

First of all, the church was packed! People were standing the far back. Also, I couldn't believe how some of the adult women were dressed. They were wearing things I might not even wear out to a club (halters, tube tops, tanks, etc.) The kids were also standing on the church benches and walking around - it just seemed more laid back. During communion, only about 25% of the people went up to receive a host, and it was kind of a free-for-all. I'm used to ushers or people getting up in a manageable line where there is some order. It was very interesting.

On the other hand, the music was great! They had a bassist, violinist and a soloist. I also felt like I was part of a closer-knit community, even though I was probably one of three blondes in the whole place. Very unique experience!

No comments: